The world’s most durable Satellite phone
SATcase is no city slicker, it’s not meant to fit in the inside of your suit jacket. Think of it like a Labrador, your trusty best friend that will go with you through anything and save your life when there’s no-one else around.
To make life simple for you, we wanted SATcase to work with the smartphone you already have. On top of that, the design had to combine 5 different devices into one whilst keeping it small and lightweight enough to be carried around, yet big and tough enough to take a knock.
Sounds impossible? Our designers thought so, but 4 years of R&D later it doesn’t seem so.
What did the SATcase design have to achieve?
In the early days, SATcase was very much a concept. Once investors with a bit of extra cash and know how came on board, they quickly laid out the goal posts of what SATcase had to be:
- Shock proof to withstand being dropped on any surface from 1.2 meters
- Flame-retardant to UL 94
- Ruggedised construction which seals against the elements, dust and water, meeting IP-67 and MIL-810 standards
- Operational between -20 to +55°C and withstanding extreme temperatures of -30 to +65°C.
- Provide a battery life of at least 24 hours per battery pack
- Fit most smartphone devices, so that the user can plug in and go
- Maintain communications even in the world’s most remote places… during a disaster, whilst on an adventure, vacation or working in the field
Plenty of testing and many, many hours later and the SATcase was finally born! In fact, our designers did such a good job it started a bit of an urban myth within our company:
It is said that the SATcase is so durable and tough that it could survive a hand grenade explosion.
Although, we never tested this theory. We don’t have many of those things lying around…